Advanced eBay Settings

13/10/2014 14:42

Anthony F

Hey guys,

When I signed up, I chose the "Beginner" Ebay Settings rather than the "Advanced Option."
I cannot find how to go back and change this option. I created a new test account so I could go back and see what those advanced settings were but I can't get them on my regular account.

Also, are we able to give T-shirt color options on the eBay listing? Any other advanced options? Or do we have to go in and do this manually to each listing?

Thanks,
Anthony
13/10/2014 16:30

Maria Fernandez

Go to your Account Settings and remove your ebay account as authorized.
Then go back to Ebay Settings and add it again. Advance option should appear there.
Tshirt colors options are not available on ebay with this automatic setting, you will have to post it in the color you think it sells best and tell your customers in the description that you offer more t-shirt colors. That's the way I'm doing it.
13/10/2014 18:45

Anthony F

Thank you for the info.
Is this going to remove or disable the listings I already have posted? Will they still show up when I reactive my eBay account?
14/10/2014 09:13

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi Anthony,

To go back to "advanced" Ebay Settings, just change your variations to 1 or more. The only difference between beginner and advanced is the variations per listing. This is just to keep you under your variation limit.

As Maria posted, you can't list color options on eBay, as it will use up too many variations.

New accounts are allowed 10 items per month. This means 10 shirts with 0 variations, or 2 shirts with 5 available sizes, or 1 shirt with 10 available sizes.
Adding colors into the mix doubles your variations (e.g. 1 shirt with 5 colours and 5 sizes = 10 variations).

Your existing auctions and listings will be fine on eBay.

All newly linked ebay accounts with tshirtgang will automatically have "Strict" enabled on their retrieving, meaning it won't bring in all of your sales (if you sell items other than tshirts). It will only bring in items you have posted from tshirtgang.com.

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
14/10/2014 15:49

Anthony F

I'm just a bit confused. So when I list a tshirt, what size am I listing? I have a tshirt listing that has a quantity of 50, and then the rest of my listings (using the beginner tool) are only one I'm guessing? But there is no size choice. I've used this account to sell before so it's not brand new... I would like to list each shirt without a quantity limit... Or at least understand why customers can't choose a size...

Anthony
15/10/2014 11:40

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:
I'm just a bit confused. So when I list a tshirt, what size am I listing? I have a tshirt listing that has a quantity of 50, and then the rest of my listings (using the beginner tool) are only one I'm guessing? But there is no size choice. I've used this account to sell before so it's not brand new... I would like to list each shirt without a quantity limit... Or at least understand why customers can't choose a size...

Anthony

Under our Ebay Settings, which everyone must select through describes that beginner does not contain variations:
http://www.tshirtgang.com/cp/settings/ebay/new

The beginner does not contain variations, so you need to describe in either the title or description which sizes are available or which size it is. This means no sizes are available in a dropdown, as this counts towards your variations as I previously mentioned.

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew

You must be logged in to reply.