New Feature: Background remover!

30/07/2012 03:10

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Tshirtgang has received a lot of positive feedback about how easy our site is to use and we love hearing it! So continue to submit your feedback using the feedback button at the top of the website!

We still continue to improve our service for our members and today we're announcing and releasing a brand new feature.

Have you ever uploaded a great image and realize you forgot to remove the background? To help save you time from going back to your image editing program, Tshirtgang has added a great new feature that can do that for you. Beginning today on our front page, you will see a new tool to help remove the background of your image. Since this is a new feature, let us take the time to show you how it works.

Once you upload your image, you will notice a new image, what we are calling 'Tshirt Tools' just below your image. Click on the background dropper and then select the color on your image you want to remove.

Here's an example.
Say we uploaded this picture of the earth. It's a great picture, but it doesn't work well on other color t-shirts (oh no!).

Now we select the tool and select the black background of our shirt. Poof! It's gone!

We click on the save icon and our shirt is ready to be saved! Continue as you normally would and you're ready to share to multiple marketplaces!

Let us know what you think of our new feature in the comment section below!

Andrew
Tshirtgang

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
01/08/2012 18:05

Alan Darling

Member *
Hi, after I make the shirt and click on the image to view the design it opens a new page of the tshirtgang not the design I just made.

Alan
Perfect Fit T Shirts
01/08/2012 18:15

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
It appears your design wasn't saved correctly. Please delete this and try again.

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
01/08/2012 20:16

Alan Darling

Member *
Ok thanks

Alan
Perfect Fit T Shirts
13/08/2012 17:06

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
How is everyone else enjoying this feature?

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
24/08/2012 10:46

Dean Joe

Member *
Very Good!

Thanks!
14/10/2012 10:17

Marian

Its works perfectly on the white tees, but when I try it on the colored tees my images have a white edge around them.
14/10/2012 13:28

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:
Its works perfectly on the white tees, but when I try it on the colored tees my images have a white edge around them.

Hi Marian,

It depends on the image you are using. Images with a solid colour will work very well, while colours with a deep gradient, something like a sunrise or rainbow will require multiple clicks to remove multiple colours.

If you have an example image you could always attach it or send us a link through the contact form and we'll look into why it's not working for you.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
29/12/2012 07:48

Vu T

I think it's an awesome feature. Great idea!
31/12/2012 21:03

Tee Hood

this is very great feature , but i choose to do it manually using Photoshop, i felt that is my best way to create a design, But over all thank for this geat feature...
28/01/2013 16:09

Street Sweeper

I found Custom Ink to be much more user friendly when it comes to designing t-shirts. What are the odds of you incorporating their design lab? http://www.customink.com/lab
13/02/2013 21:11

Sonshine Studios

I gave it a shot, for 1 of my designs it worked great, but for others it seems the color range it removes is too broad. I found it best if you want to remove Black background on a black shirt, but like TeeHood said, if your designing your shirts in Photoshop, or GIMP anyway, might as well do it all there, that way you can veiw your ART at 100% and see what it REALLY looks like. It is really easy to add a alpha channel and remove backgrounds in most photo editing software.

Please DON'T become like custom ink. 'nuff said
19/02/2013 21:47

L.e.t.s

Street sweaper i agree we need to be able to design our shirts better from the upload screen.
20/02/2013 22:25

L.e.t.s

also you guys there are a couple other things that would help us all gain customers. First of all we need to be able to place our logos on the shirts in addition to the primary design after that we should try to have an option of placing our own custom tags inside ive seen them just printed which looks great. And one last thing it would be nice if we could have a paper tag or flyer type attachment to the shirts. ive found other sites that offer that option but i foubd my home and i want to grow with u guys... please get back with me and let us know about these idea's
20/02/2013 22:45

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:
also you guys there are a couple other things that would help us all gain customers. First of all we need to be able to place our logos on the shirts in addition to the primary design after that we should try to have an option of placing our own custom tags inside ive seen them just printed which looks great. And one last thing it would be nice if we could have a paper tag or flyer type attachment to the shirts. ive found other sites that offer that option but i foubd my home and i want to grow with u guys... please get back with me and let us know about these idea's

Thanks for the feedback, I'll mention it during our next design meeting.

We ARE working in new front page features. There are a number of new things in current development, but we don't have any announcements as of just yet.

We can't promise well add everything but were working on our most requested features. We hope to have an announcement sometime within the next two weeks of new features.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
22/02/2013 12:14

Andrew Lyle

Administrator

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
22/02/2013 12:15

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Thanks for being patient guys! I have a small teaser for you!

We'll have an announcement for everyone soon!

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
22/03/2013 11:07

L.e.t.s

What happened to enabling us to design the back of the shirts? And also when are we going to be able to display the female fitted styles? I also need to know how to make the designs bigger. Ive ordered a couple different shirts to see what the final product looks like and the designs are coming back toooo small... Please get back with me on these matters. Thanks!
22/03/2013 15:28

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:
What happened to enabling us to design the back of the shirts? And also when are we going to be able to display the female fitted styles? I also need to know how to make the designs bigger. Ive ordered a couple different shirts to see what the final product looks like and the designs are coming back toooo small... Please get back with me on these matters. Thanks!

Adding a design on the back is currently in testing. However, we're awaiting some new machine arrivals at our production facility before launching the new feature. I apologize for the delay but we'll be reviewing this soon and update everyone when it's ready to launch.

If you're having issues with orders, please submit us a Support Ticket with images and and order numbers and we'll be able to investigate.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
01/04/2013 20:55

Bluelightnin6

When are new features coming out? I'm just excited, my sales are growing every week and its only my 3rd week! You guys rock

You must be logged in to reply.