Ordering Questions...

20/01/2015 09:17

Seven Oddities Records

I have never had an issue putting in orders on T-shirt gang in the past.
But that was until I tried to actually order some for myself.
See usually when we sell these shirts online people buy one shirt. Everything is fine when you order one of anything.
When i had the idea of getting some physical copies my self, i tried to order 5 shirts.
Now I know this averages out to roughly 10 bucks per shirt (in the size and color im getting)
Plus the shipping and fulfillment fee's.

Now my question is this....
Why should the shipping and fulfillment fee be MORE than my shirt costs?
I have attached an image to show what I mean.
I mean in what world is 98 dollars for 5 printed shirts a good deal? Or even a half way decent deal?
I understand why the shipping would raise as the weight of the package is raised.
But if i have 5 identical shirts all being shipped to the same address, why should I get charged full price shipping and fulfillment fee's on EACH shirt???

The way they are priced in bulk orders is as if I am sending each shirt to a different address or something.
I mean....shouldnt we as customers be rewarded for ordering more? isnt that how things like this usually work?
I mean even with ordering 5 t shirts, and you guys adding the "BULK SHIPPING DISCOUNT" of 4 whole dollars.
My shipping and fulfillment is still 2 dollars more than the price of the actual shirts.
And it actually gets worse! the more you buy!
10 shirts? 100 dollars for the shirt and 105 dollars for shipping? lol cmon guys.

Call this a rant, call it me being angry in the morning...whatever.
But I think we deserve a better way to order stuff for OURSELVES.
Its almost as if we are being punished by ordering more from you guys.
I just dont see how this makes sense? Any takers care to logically explain to me whats up?

I thank t shirt gang for working good in the event somebody orders one t shirt.
But as far as anything more than 1 shirt is concerned, these prices are a joke.
you cannot justify 10 or more dollars added to shipping each time a shirt is added to the order.
unless your guys shirts weight 5 lbs a piece and I'm just not aware of it? Right.

Anybody? Bueller?
20/01/2015 11:07

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi,

I'll answer your question and break things down for you.

Our Pricing Page lists all of these prices, including the bulk shipping discounts:
http://www.tshirtgang.com/cp/pricing

As you may have also noticed, each shirt costs (on average) $10 (little less for whites, a little more for mens fitted, etc.). Now, obviously each shirt does not cost (on average) $10, where youth sizes cost the same as 6XL shirts.

If you look at the shipping and fulfillment fees, you will see these costs go up as the size of shirt goes up. This is because shipping weight goes up the bigger the shirt, and the shirt costs more for bigger sizes. You may also notice the price of the Hooded Pullover shipping and fulfillment fees, these are obviously more because of the price of the garment, the additional ink costs, and the additional shipping costs to produce each hooded pullover.

The prices were set out to be simple (each shirt cost $10, with a +/- for premium tees/white tees, respectively).

You need to look at the total order cost, not the individual costs associated with shirt prices and shipping and fulfillment fees.

The pricing could be adjusted, but you will see higher shirt costs, with lower shipping and fulfillment fees, but the end cost will be the exact same.

Now why do we charge a shipping and fulfillment fee for each order? Well, for the reasons mentioned above, and because we do weight-based shipping, not flat rate shipping unfortunately. Had someone ordered one shirt or 100 shirts, a fee of $4.50 will definitely not cover of shipping out 100 items.

So take a look at the total cost to you, not the individual costs of the shirts and cost of shipping and fulfillment.

I hope this answers your question :)

Andrew

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
20/01/2015 11:43

Seven Oddities Records

So basically.....

Its 10 bucks for a 3x shirt. (BLANK.)
Then its another 10 bucks (Roughly) to print and ship it.

is this correct?

20/01/2015 11:44

Seven Oddities Records

So basically.....

Its 10 bucks for a 3x shirt. (BLANK.)
Then its another 10 bucks (Roughly) to print and ship it.

is this correct?

20/01/2015 11:47

Seven Oddities Records

And I mean im using these numbers loosely here....Not 10 bucks for this, or 10 bucks for that EXACTLY. just an example.
20/01/2015 12:41

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi,

It depends on its destination. United States and Canada, it's $10.50 for 3XL - 6XL (unisex tshirt) for shipping and fulfillment fees, and the shirt cost is between $7-$10, depending on the colour.

Total cost of a white 3XL shirt is $17.50, and colour shirts are $20.50. That's shirt + shipping and fulfillment, to the United States or Canada.

3XL white shirt shipped outside of the United States/Canada would total: $24.50, while colour shirts would total: $27.50.
http://www.tshirtgang.com/cp/pricing

Andrew

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
20/01/2015 13:27

Seven Oddities Records

Thanks Andrew

You must be logged in to reply.