eBay forced password change...how do I update my pword in t-shirtgang settings?

29/05/2014 17:25

Nlsch

I guess the question is pretty self-explanatory.

I don't want to lose connection with the shirts I already have posted.

Please advise.

30/05/2014 07:56

Nlsch

I mean my ebay password in tshirtgang. Do I have to unauthorize and re-authorize and then relist my current shirts?
30/05/2014 09:46

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:
I mean my ebay password in tshirtgang. Do I have to unauthorize and re-authorize and then relist my current shirts?

eBay, like many open API's, use an authentication token. This means any changes on your account on the website (eBay), like a password change, username change, etc, can easily be done without affecting third-party websites (such as tshirtgang) from connecting to your account.

If you attempt to retrieve your cart and it asks you to re-authenticate your account, you can follow the links and do so.

We don't store any passwords on tshirtgang for third-party websites, such as eBay.

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
30/05/2014 10:07

Nlsch

QUOTE:

eBay, like many open API's, use an authentication token. This means any changes on your account on the website (eBay), like a password change, username change, etc, can easily be done without affecting third-party websites (such as tshirtgang) from connecting to your account.

If you attempt to retrieve your cart and it asks you to re-authenticate your account, you can follow the links and do so.

We don't store any passwords on tshirtgang for third-party websites, such as eBay.

So I shouldn't need to do anything, right?
30/05/2014 10:08

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:

So I shouldn't need to do anything, right?

If you can still post to eBay and/or retrieve your cart, you're fine!

eBay will return an error if you need to do anything else.

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew

You must be logged in to reply.