Image Library

21/02/2014 18:42

Jeffest

I was just wondering if there was any consideration for providing an image library where we can choose designs that we've already uploaded. As it is now, unless I'm missing something, if I want to put a design on ebay on a few different colors and styles, I have to re-upload the image each time which is really time-consuming. Thanks.
21/02/2014 18:59

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Since we have the original file stored locally, we can generate any colour of shirt using the image you uploaded.

You do not need to create the same product dozens of times so they appear on each shirt colour.

The reason we do not offer styles and colours on ebay, is because it uses too many variations.
I wrote a lengthy post about it here:
http://www.tshirtgang.com/forum/topic/214/color_selection_option_in_ebay

but to sum it up, all users are limited to the number of items they can list, or "variations".
1 design, with 10 colours, 10 sizes and 3 styles = 300 variations. That eats up a lot of variations and usually will put you over your limit in just a few shirts.

new users have a limit of 10 variations per MONTH.

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
21/02/2014 19:11

Jeffest

Since I talked to ebay they've raised my limits so I'm not running into that problem. My question though is, say I have a design that I want on ebay on 3 different colors. From the "Get Started" page, I browse for my image and upload it, choose the shirt style and then the color. Then after I name it I post it on ebay and then revise the ebay ad to have all the correct information. Now, when I want to put the same design on another color, I have to go through the entire process of uploading the image, choosing a style, etc. So my questions is, if you have the images stored locally then why is it necessary to have to re-upload the image?
22/02/2014 09:15

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
My question would be, why?

You can order your product onto any style, color or size and don't need to recreate the product dozens of times. You could put a list of available colors in your auction.

Can I ask how many items you are able to list per month?

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
23/04/2015 22:17

Ccspring2578

ok so if i get what your saying you don't offer different colors correct but you do offer different sizes so if i want to list colors i need to list it with just one color then in the description list all colors i have thanks
23/04/2015 22:21

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:
ok so if i get what your saying you don't offer different colors correct but you do offer different sizes so if i want to list colors i need to list it with just one color then in the description list all colors i have thanks

That's correct! It would be best to offer styles and colors through the description and work with your customers for any adjustments.

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
23/04/2015 23:12

Ccspring2578

QUOTE:

That's correct! It would be best to offer styles and colors through the description and work with your customers for any adjustments.

ok thanks

You must be logged in to reply.