Problems / Questions with ebay importing

09/01/2014 11:34

Terry Mason

I sold my first ebay order today, around 9am EST today (this product was posted to ebay through tshirtgang's ebay api). I looked in my tshirtgang account, and noticed that "Automatically Grab Orders Periodically" was disabled. I enabled it around 9am EST.

I also have "Use Strict Retrieve Settings" set to disable. I'm not sure what the best practice would be for this.

So, It's 11:30 am EST, and I'm assuming that any orders should have been pulled in from ebay. Is there a way for me to check and see if any errors occurred, or if no orders were found? I don't see anything in my Order History.

Thanks guys.
09/01/2014 11:43

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi Terry,

Unfortunately we do not have a log of items that return errors, if you do with 'Strict" disabled, the items will appear in your Shopping Cart. This can also include other items that are not necessarily tshirts.

You may notice some items in your cart without a product ID, size, style or colour. These are items that our system could not match up correctly and you will need to review these items and make sure they are tshirt sales.

Looking at the logs, one of your items was matched correctly.

Andrew

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
09/01/2014 12:20

Terry Mason

Andrew,
I hadn't read the faq (I did just now), and it turns out the process is super easy. If someone orders though ebay, it is retrieved and placed in my Shopping Cart - I just need to pay for it. This is a pretty slick process.

I have marked as shipped / leave feedback enabled. Does this mean that ebay will be updated with:
1. the tracking number (this is a Canadian order).
2. positive feedback (if so, what text is used)?

Thanks again. I'm really impressed with the ebay integration. Only 12 more days before my ebay selling limits are lifted!
09/01/2014 12:37

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:
Andrew,
I hadn't read the faq (I did just now), and it turns out the process is super easy. If someone orders though ebay, it is retrieved and placed in my Shopping Cart - I just need to pay for it. This is a pretty slick process.

I have marked as shipped / leave feedback enabled. Does this mean that ebay will be updated with:
1. the tracking number (this is a Canadian order).
2. positive feedback (if so, what text is used)?

Thanks again. I'm really impressed with the ebay integration. Only 12 more days before my ebay selling limits are lifted!

Thanks for the comments, Terry :)

1) Yes, your eBay auction will automatically leave feedback (random feedback) and sync a tracking number (if one is available).
2) These are the feedbacks we use, which we plan to allow for customized responses in the near future:
QUOTE:
"Very fast payment! Excellent buyer! A++++",
"Great communication! A pleasure to do business with"
"Good buyer, prompt payment, valued customer! Highly recommended"
"thank you for an easy, pleasent transaction! Excellent buyer A++"
"Quick response and fast paymment! Perfect! THANKS!!"
"Hope to deal with buyer again! THANK YOU"

These are all the top left feedbacks on eBay for this category.

Andrew

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew

You must be logged in to reply.