Return policy?

06/11/2013 14:03

Jeffest

Even though I have the sizing chart in my ads on ebay, a customer bought a 3XL shirt and then wrote and asked if it wasn't long enough for her husband could she exchange it for a 4XL. I wrote to help desk here and the response was that TshirtGang doesn't accept exchanges, only returns on damaged or defective shirts.

This is a bit awkward since ebay only offers two choices on returns: All Returns Accepted or No Returns Accepted. Now that I know the return policy here, which was almost impossible to find without asking, I'm going to update all my ads to explain T-ShirtGangs policy, but I'm concerned how that will affect holiday sales since most shirts I'm selling now are most likely going to be given as gifts.

Is there the possibility of creating an exchange policy someday? I understand it would cost you money but most pod sites offer this and it would be nice if it were an option here as well. In the meantime I'd like to suggest your return policy be included in your FAQ's so that there it's clear to anyone selling on ebay. Thanks.
07/11/2013 15:34

Matt Mattei

Member *
In my opinion, exchanges are an accepted risk that comes with selling anything. I would say that returns/exchanges are maybe 1% of my sales so I ask that they return the shirt first and then I send out the new size. I take the hit on the cost but if I only have to do that 1 time out of 100, I am ok with it (and that has been my rate of exchange/return).

This keeps the buyer happy as I would rather break even on a sale or take a small hit than get a negative rating on ebay...

07/11/2013 19:19

Jeffest

QUOTE:
In my opinion, exchanges are an accepted risk that comes with selling anything. I would say that returns/exchanges are maybe 1% of my sales so I ask that they return the shirt first and then I send out the new size. I take the hit on the cost but if I only have to do that 1 time out of 100, I am ok with it (and that has been my rate of exchange/return).

This keeps the buyer happy as I would rather break even on a sale or take a small hit than get a negative rating on ebay...

Yeah I totally agree. I think customers would feel more comfortable and more willing to buy if they knew they could exchange it if they picked the wrong size. Buying anything online is a risk but especially clothing. I'm glad the sizing chart was updated so quickly after I caught some discrepencies with the sizes in the FAQ and I put something in all my ads that people should make sure to check the size chart before ordering, but if you're buying something as a gift for someone then that can be a little tricky because you still have to kind of guess.

The question is probably what to do with shirts that are returned? What does Zazzle and Cafepress do when someone asks to return or exchange something? Well, I know they usually just say keep it and we'll send you a new one, but that's risky because some people would take advantage of that, so if T-ShirtGang developed a return/exchange policy for shirts that don't fit and they ask the customer to send it back, what could they do with them? Put them in stock in case it sells again? Recycle them? Use them as wash rags, lol? I understand their policy but I do hope it changes someday.
07/11/2013 19:34

Matt Mattei

Member *
QUOTE:

Yeah I totally agree. I think customers would feel more comfortable and more willing to buy if they knew they could exchange it if they picked the wrong size. Buying anything online is a risk but especially clothing. I'm glad the sizing chart was updated so quickly after I caught some discrepencies with the sizes in the FAQ and I put something in all my ads that people should make sure to check the size chart before ordering, but if you're buying something as a gift for someone then that can be a little tricky because you still have to kind of guess.

The question is probably what to do with shirts that are returned? What does Zazzle and Cafepress do when someone asks to return or exchange something? Well, I know they usually just say keep it and we'll send you a new one, but that's risky because some people would take advantage of that, so if T-ShirtGang developed a return/exchange policy for shirts that don't fit and they ask the customer to send it back, what could they do with them? Put them in stock in case it sells again? Recycle them? Use them as wash rags, lol? I understand their policy but I do hope it changes someday.

Yeah, I have a few shirts I use for sleeping in :)

You must be logged in to reply.