Problems listing on eBay?

06/04/2012 00:21

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Are you experiencing a problem on eBay that we don't have listed under our FAQ? Let us know and well look into the issue for you and help find a solution to your problem.

eBay has a complete list of error messages to help diagnosis issues with their API:
http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/xml/docs/reference/ebay/errors/ErrorMessages.htm

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
26/04/2012 17:47

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi,

Please make sure when you fill out your location, you put it in the form of a U.S. zip code or a Canadian Postal Code (selecting the country on which you prefer to show your item is from in the "Country" dropdown box below it.)

This should fix that error.

Whenever you need to know what information should be present in the field, you can always delete all the information in the field for a hint. This feature is only supported on newer browsers.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
26/04/2012 20:48

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
You're welcome Phil!

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
25/05/2012 11:32

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Item.Variations.Variation[1].StartPrice

If you're getting this, you're posting without variations. Since your Variation (or quantity) is set to zero, a new field called "Base Price" will appear. Set a price for this item.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
25/05/2012 16:31

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
What Product ID are you attempting to post to eBay?

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
25/05/2012 16:42

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
That's because those shirts are Ringers. You haven't set a price for those. You may want to do that.

Have a good weekend.
Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
25/05/2012 17:20

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Under Ebay Settings, look under the prices, right hand column.

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
05/06/2012 23:34

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
I can add that, but if you could give me a link to the actual eBay category it would help me out.

Just so you know, eBay has restrictions in specific categories. I don't know 100% if switching categories would put you I to a new listing restriction (10 variations per category), but you might run into issues.

Just let me know that information and I'll get it approved and added.

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
14/06/2012 17:52

Jim Admin

Administrator
If you do add an addtional category Ebay will charge you fees for each category you list in.
So your listing fees will be double.
21/06/2012 14:42

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Are you receiving a specific error? Is nothing happening? Let me know how to reproduce it and i'll look into it.

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
22/06/2012 04:09

Jim Admin

Administrator
Make sure your title in your listing does not have any inappropriate words.
eBay does not allow certain words in titles and this could be the cause of your error.
22/06/2012 15:18

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Shows on our end that you're successfully posting these.

If you read the error that prompts you when you receive error #21917236, which is actually a warning, not an error,
it states that your funds will be held for a period of time.

Check your active eBay listings after an hour or so and see if this item posted.

Unfortunately for this warning message we can't display a success message, as this was recently implemented into eBay/PayPal and we're still continuing our investigation into things involved with this.

For the time being, you'll receive this message.

And as Jim was pointing out earlier, one of your products you were attempting to list contained inappropriate words.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
22/06/2012 15:34

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
It appears you have reached your limit for that specific category.

Results from eBay:
Unfortunately, you won't be able to complete this listing right now because you've reached the limit for the number of items you can list in this category.

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
22/06/2012 16:05

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
This would be an eBay matter, please contact eBay customer support for further help.

Thank you.

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
27/06/2012 13:57

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the suggestion again. I have discussed it with the staff here and we've added the category to the listing under your Ebay Settings.

However, since this category is untested and i'm unaware if any code modifications are required, your item may not list.

If you could try it and provide us with feedback on how your item listed, we would greatly appreciate it.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
27/06/2012 14:22

Jim Admin

Administrator
We are working on add this category right now ... stay tuned.
Will let you know when it is available so you can try it out.
27/06/2012 14:24

Jim Admin

Administrator
Sorry, Andrew is fast he already added it. Give it a shot and let us know.
27/06/2012 18:41

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Thanks!

We're currently working on the eBay post feature, we'll have more on that later this week.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
16/08/2012 09:11

Rick

Hello new member here can anyone help me, I keep getting these errors when trying to post using this site:

eBay returned the following error(s):
21917236 : Funds from your sales will be unavailable and show as pending in your PayPal account for a period of time.
Funds from your sales will be unavailable and show as pending in your PayPal account for a period of time. Learn more: http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?UserPolicyMessaging

240 : The item cannot be listed or modified.
The item cannot be listed or modified. The title and/or description may contain improper words, or the listing or seller may be in violation of eBay policy.
16/08/2012 09:54

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
QUOTE:
Hello new member here can anyone help me, I keep getting these errors when trying to post using this site:

Hi Rick,

Please ensure you have your sellers account activated through eBay. New eBay accounts may not have activated this portion of their account.

Check to make sure this is active, go to www.ebay.com and click Sell. Follow the prompts to see if you actually have activated your account.

Here is some extra detail eBay returned during your posting process:

QUOTE:
To help new sellers like you get used to the different types of listings and features available on eBay, we require you to use the Sell Your Item form to list your items. As a new seller, you need to establish a positive selling history and show that you're able to meet the needs of your customers. Knowing the latest features available to you will help you succeed as a seller. Please try listing your item again using the Sell Your Item form on eBay.

Andrew

Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket

You must be logged in to reply.