White on Dark: Another pricing category needed?

03/06/2013 12:42

Mark Matthews

Summary: How about a pricing tier between 7 and 10, for white only print on dark/colors?

Thoughts:
When going from white shirt ($7) to a dark shirt ($10) there are actually two things being applied to the higher price
- Color shirts are more expensive
- Color shirts require two "passes". Base white, then full color on top.

Consider,
White print only is a very popular t-shirt.... printed on black or.... dark red, green or blue.
Simple sayings like "Keep Calm..." or simple silhouette art.
Technically this is a one pass, white only shirt with a small bump in price for the color shirt

I get that it starts making a simple matrix pricing a little more challenging, but...

This should be my last question before I have my site(s) turned on!
:-)
03/06/2013 13:52

Mark Matthews

actually.. now that I've thought about this, I think people will want to pay less for one color shirt than what any on-demand process can support. The customer value in a higher priced on-demand shirt is the full color.

hmmm...
04/06/2013 12:39

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi Mark,

I understand what you mean, and just to clarify:
White shirts only require a single pass, while the dark color shirts do require a second pass.

I wish there was a simple way to have a price matrix based on the size, colors and other factors of the shirt, but even trying to think about how to go about this would be overly complex and confusing to the end user (you).

This would be interesting as a concept, but I think keeping things simple right now is the best solution!

Andrew

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew

You must be logged in to reply.