Sample of your product

11/03/2013 21:18

Bluelightnin6

I love this site and the whole concept of it. The one thing I do not like is not being able to see My Products (my CUSTOMER'S) product. in person. How do I know which of my images may not look good when printed out? Do I just have to hope that it turns out good?? That's not cool. You should at least offer a small sample fabric with a test image printed on it so we can see what it really looks like once printed.
15/03/2013 10:53

James Ross

Maybe you could order one of your shirts to see first-hand. Wearing it around would be great advertising at the very least. I'm planning to place an order for a few of my different shirts just to confirm the quality and to wear them around to hype them.

I've had very good experience with the direct-to-garment printing process though - I haven't ordered with tshirtgang yet, but I've prototyped a few of my shirts locally using a DTG printer and they turned out pretty good. One image came out a little dark, and on another there was a very slight vertical registration error - visible only when looking at very small font text, but the shirts still looked good - especially to others not looking for errors. And my shirts are illustration-intensive.

I'd recommend then that before you submit your file, if it has image or photo content, maybe just very slightly lighten it. Also, you might sharpen the image slightly using something like a high-pass filter or unsharp mask in photoshop to compensate for the fact you're printing on fabric. Other than that, full color images tend to come out looking good.

16/03/2013 02:16

Bluelightnin6

that's not a bad idea. i will order me one with my logo on it to try it out. thank you, don't know why i didn't think of that lol

You must be logged in to reply.