Question about Uploaded artwork

07/12/2012 22:55

Thecreep

First off, let me say how happy I am to find TShirtgang. I have been looking for too long to find a site like this, and have tried all of the "POD" style sites (Spreadshirt, Zazzle, Redbubble, Wordans, PrintAura) and even some of the Fulfillment sites like 'Great Apparel for You'. I am excited to see what I can do with TShirtGang.

I do have a few questions that I did not see covered on the site.

1. For uploaded designs, what is the usage and rights for the designs created by members and uploaded via their profile?
Are the designs fully copy-written and limited to use chosen by the creator?

2. When a design/product has been deleted from the admin panel, is the original file, png for example, still available on the server or is it deleted as well?

Thanks. Have already been sharing T-ShirtGang with friends that create shirt designs as well.
07/12/2012 23:19

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi and welcome to Tshirtgang!

1) Tshirtgang, nor it's members, ever uses your artwork for sale, or recreation purposes. You maintain complete control over your content. Tshirtgang.com does not distribute your content without your permission.

2) some artwork can remain on our servers for 30 days or longer, depending on the circumstances. We prune deleted products every few months, as only a backup in case your artwork has ever been sold and is required for printing purposes.

Thanks for the kind words and let us know if you ever need a hand with anything :)

Andrew

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
08/12/2012 00:13

Thecreep

Thats great to hear.

I do have one other question.

One of the biggest issues of other shirt printing sites is "sellers" uploading copy-written designs and selling them. Of course this is very hard to monitor and keep track of. Most of the time it is up to the original creator to send a DMCA to the seller in order for them to cease selling the design. However, with the unique setup of T-ShirtGang, it would be very hard to find all of the areas the infringing seller is selling the infringed designs. For example, having a seller stop selling a design on Ebay, doesn't mean they would stop on Etsy, Sellinsta, or any other site they can, especially if they use different profile names.

Is there a system in place, possibly anonymous, in which member could "report" a design they feel/know to be infringed? Maybe it could be a stream (like tumblr, twitter style) that could show only registered members all of the new designs that have been uploaded. Not only would this provide a source of inspiration for other sellers, seeing great designs and what others are making, but it would also give sellers the opportunity to report designs they feel/know to be infringed.

A short search of one of the members on this forum (to remain nameless), showed this "member" was selling quite a few (10-15) infringed designs on a variety of sites. I would love to see T-ShirtGang flooded with high quality designs and respected designers, instead of going the path that other sites have such as giving infringers a "safe haven" to sell designs that aren't theirs, this would sully the reputation of a great site over time.
08/12/2012 00:25

Andrew Lyle

Administrator
Hi,

We require that designers maintain the permission, consent or original copyright to the artwork uploaded.

We do have a number of different venues in which concerned consumers can report designs through websites and our partner site, Sellinsta. We take all copyright claims seriously.

We do reserve the right to refuse sellers service at any time due to copyright violations.

Andrew

Developer / Project Manager
Tshirtgang.com
Support Ticket
Twitter: @phpandrew
08/12/2012 02:53

Thecreep

Thank you for the reply.

I hope I didn't come off brash or "matter-of-factly" in my comments. I guess I am just jaded after working at a law firm for too long and seeing what kind of wreckage they can do. It's good to know that TShirtGang is prepared. Now time to make shirts.

You must be logged in to reply.